Sunday, August 29, 2010

Songs

Due to popular demand (LOL) I am going to write a list of my favorite songs and what they mean to me:
Wish you were here by Pink Floyd- My all time favorite song, if you haven't heard this, you haven't lived. One thing that has NEVER failed to make me cry it the Live 8 reunion song (go to youtube and type in 'Pink Floyd- wish you were here- live 8). In the beginning, he says this little speech, so sad. This song truly makes my heart and soul sing. I wish I was as good with words as Elissa is, I'm going to ask her to write how I feel about this song haha
Yellow by Coldplay- This song is close to my heart as it was played at my sisters funeral. I love the poetic lyrics "your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones, turn into something beautiful" and "you know, for you I'd bleed myself dry, for you I'd bleed myself dry". If you have every truly loved someone, you can relate to this song.
Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen)- Honestly I know a lot of people think that this is the lamest song they've ever hear but I think its amazing, everything he says, I agree with. I wish everyone would listen to this song.
Everybody Hurts by R.E.M- A very sincere and truthful song, always cuts to the core of me, especially if you watch the film clip and read the bit at the bottom.

I also recommend Silverchair, Bright Eyes, Muse, more Coldplay, Thirsty Merc and Santana.

Don't get me wrong I still love Britney Spears, Christina, Katey Perry etc!

Anyone have any to recommend to me?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. None to recommend - my music collection sucks. :) Thank you for sharing though, lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite coldplay song is The Scientist. I like alot of commercial stuff- gaga, britney, katy, usher etc etc. I love Sia, florence and the machine and Kate Nash too.
    good songs those ones you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girly! they are downloading right now! except the coldplay I already had it ;)
    anything by michael jackson...but preferably the song Dirty Diana. omfg its good.

    and modest mouse - crockier spaniel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE COLDPLAY!!!
    Thanks for sharing this, it was nice to know lol.
    Haven't heard any of the other songs, so I guess I haven't lived :P
    No songs to recommend >.<

    ReplyDelete